Power Up North London Community Energy Fund
What is the fund?
The PUNL Community Energy Fund uses surplus funds from the business activity of Power Up North London to encourage and support community action in reducing carbon in our atmosphere. The fund is administered by a committee formed of PUNL shareholders and members of our board of directors. We want to tackle climate change and are excited about this opportunity to take that journey with other organisations based in North London.
How much is available?
The fund is currently closed.
How much do we award?
For 2022 the maximum grant level was £5,000 and the minimum was £500.
Funding Priorities and Criteria
The grant programme can support all costs relating to the project or activity/project, including a contribution to core costs (e.g. core staff costs, office costs), project costs (e.g. venue hire, project worker) and capital costs. The fund encourages applications for the funding of innovative ideas, including pilot projects, as well as for the development and growth of existing projects.
Examples of potential projects:
- The installation of energy efficiency measures in a community project or building.
- Community gardens growing and selling food locally, and promoting a sustainable lifestyle.
- Providing energy related information and support to low income or disadvantaged households.
- Carrying out domestic energy efficiency surveys, or linking residents with relevant council schemes for insulation or heating upgrades.
- Supporting youth employment into renewables.
- Feasibility work for larger projects.
- The fund is currently closed for applications.
- If you would like to be kept up to date on our 2023-24 timetable please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monitoring and evaluation
At an appropriate time, after the grant has been paid, we will send you a grant monitoring report form. This form asks for details of how the grant was spent and what was achieved including giving some thought to the likely carbon savings from the project.
How we collect and hold your data
The personal information collected via the application form is processed as a necessary part of administering grant applications to Power Up North London. We may use your personal data to help your organisation apply for grants and to assess its application. If a grant is awarded, we will use your personal data to manage and monitor the grant. We will keep your personal data up to date and store it securely. We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes as described, or otherwise allowed by law.
For more information please email email@example.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.