Who are we? PUNL are a community business of around 10 local volunteers with experience in finance, policy, engineering, communications and strategy.
What do we do? We partner with organisations in our community to deliver renewable energy generation and carbon reduction projects. We are currently focusing on two areas – Solar &/or LEDs.
Can we help you? Yes, if:
- You have a sizeable south facing roof, with no shadow
- You have medium-high energy consumption
- You have non-LED lights, particularly if old/inefficent
Track record: We helped St Anne’s Church to install 19 kW of solar pv in September 2016 (see first page) by undertaking a full feasibility study and raising £30,000 of community investment.
How do we help?
- Arrange a feasibility study: To understand if you could install solar panels and/or LED lights from a technical and financial perspective
- Community share offer: We will raise the capital expenditure costs by asking members of the community to invest in the project, in return for financial, environmental and social returns
- The benefits to you:
- Financial: save money straight away on your energy bills with no upfront cost
- Social/environmental: key partner in a pioneering community energy project
- The community benefits: triple-bottom line returns
- Financial: a financial return for investors
- Environmental: reduced CO2 emissions
- Social: bring the community together + support those in need by spending any surplus we make on community projects
Great! Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book in a meeting to explore a potential project.
Next stage: can you help
See plans for PUNL’s next stage of development and funding call – September 2019: