PUNL’s rule 4(c) states that one of our objects is “Producing a financial surplus to create a Community Energy Fund, which will be administered by a body independent from the Board of PUNL. The Fund will be open to bids for projects that explicitly benefit the community and our environment.”
The PUNL Board are pleased to approve a budget of £5k for the Community Energy Fund for the 12 months between July 2020-June 2021. The Board would now like to invite members of PUNL to join the Board of the Community Energy Fund. This is a great opportunity not only to support local projects but to set the initial vision and criteria for the fund, in its first year of operation.
We very much want members to have the freedom to shape this exciting new opportunity. However, to pique your interest, potential projects may include tackling fuel poverty, green energy education, supporting youth employment into renewables, or feasibility studies for potential solar / renewable heat projects.
- Meet bi-annually (eg. November and May of each year) to review applications to the Fund and allocate funding.
- Meet and conduct desk-based work ad hoc to develop fund parameters (see 4 & 5) and to meet potential applicants (see 3).
- Proactively promote PUNL and its Community Energy Fund in order to develop a strong pipeline of projects
- To set the eligibility criteria for applicants to the fund, including but not limited to: minimum and maximum funding size, type of funding available, impact priority areas, legal structures, monitoring requirements.
- To develop the applications process, including but not limited to: designing application forms, specifying the accompanying documents, criteria for scoring applications, decision-making process, contracts.
We expect to have up to six roles available for members, working alongside Directors.
Get in touch if you are interested
If you are interested, then please contact the Chair, Ben Pearce, at email@example.com by 12th June 2020.
We will then have a call to discuss the role further in advance of the AGM. For this call, and the AGM, it would be helpful if you could think about your vision for the fund and what project types it could support.
Please contact Ben with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Volunteer Marketing support
PUNL is looking to take on more projects and needs a marketing volunteer.
• Managing online platforms: Facebook, setting up and running an Instagram account; and updating the Twitter account
• Representing PUNL at events and tweeting / taking photos
• Working with designers, or ideally developing graphic designs for posters and flyers themselves
• Supplying material for other communication platforms
• Optional: co-ordinating quarterly events to broaden PUNL’s network and develop further potential projects
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org